Wednesday, January 15, 2014

SHOT SHOW Day 2 - Post 1

I didn't get to bed last night until nearly midnight as after the show there were two separate functions I attended. Both were held and very loud and noisy sports bars but were a lot of fun in spite of the noise. This morning I  have almost lost my voice to two the fact that I had to shout most of the night to carry on a conversation. Even so, it was a lot of fun and I ran into a bunch of great people that I only see once or twice a year. Larry from Brownell's was there, Anthony from lucky gunner, a bunch of gun bloggers, Pete Brownell, and more. And that is only a few of the people I was hanging out with last night. I apologize for all of the names that have I have left out.

 Yesterday, after leaving the press room I went down to level I of the SHOT  show and started to visit some of the booths. I was very impressed with the quality and appearance of the competition pistols in the Pardini  booth. Pardini is legendary in Olympic shooting,  and they are now venturing to action pistol models. They have a double stack .45  with an aluminum frame and an incredibly nice trigger. the quality of workmanship appears to be very high.

Another area where they have done a very good job is on the beaver tail cut out. It is very high, and allows you to get a grip very high on the gun to minimize muzzle rise  when shooting a rapidly. I suspect that I will be in contact with these guys after the shot show.

 I am going to finish off my cup of coffee and breakfast rolls, check my email, and then head down one floor to the exhibition halls  and start checking out the rest of the show.

 More later.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted