Friday, January 17, 2014

it is 1:30 in the afternoon on the last day of the shot show and it looks like everyone is just about worn out. They say that there is over 12 miles of aisle ways  to travel if you want to see every bit of the show. That assumes, of course, that you never get lost backtrack or go in circles while exploring. For me, I guess, that makes it closer to 25 miles! 

In addition to all of the new products gadgets and gizmos here at the show I also enjoy meeting and visiting with many of the shooters that I only see once or twice a year.  In some ways, the shot show is like a giant extended family reunion.

At one of the booths I ran into Jerry Miculek  and his daughter Lena. it has been fun over the last few years to watch Lena grow up and turned into a world class shooter.

Jerry Miculek, Lena Miculek, and Mr. C.
Maybe if I stand very close to Jerry Ann Lena may be some of the skill will rub off!

For those of you wanting to know what the new Glock 42 looks like, here's a picture of it.



Although I did not get a chance to handle it much, I did pick it up and play with it a little, and it feels quite natural in your hand.  I dry fired to get a couple of times and the trigger is not bad at all.

 I have a bunch more photos and other info but they will be closing the press room in just over an hour from now, so I am going to pack everything up and head down to the show for the last hour or so before they closed the show for the year.

 I got my picture taken with Kim Rhodes, the Olympic champion,  and all of her medals from the Olympics! it has been  a lot of work, but a lot of fun too, here at the show, but I think my feet are definitely going to appreciate me heading home and getting off of them!

 Signing off for now from the shot show, and the next post will probably be originating from Castle Completely.



2 Comments:

At Saturday, January 18, 2014 10:34:00 AM, Anonymous LibertyNews said...

Thanks for the reports!

 
At Sunday, January 19, 2014 8:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it's good to have a quick report, rather than endless waiting for the magazines to catch up.

Merle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted