Monday, April 19, 2010

Paul Bunyan Steel Match - 0 4/18/10

The weather forecast  looked like we were in for a pleasant day, and that's exactly how it turned out. By mid-day it was partly cloudy with the temperature around 70 degrees. What a nice change over some of the other matches we've attended earlier this year! The match went smoothly, and the stages were challenging, to say the least. We had a great bunch on our squad, and it was nice to see Mark (YARG = "Yet Another Revolver Guy") as he's been busy as a professional musician and hasn't been able to get to the matches lately.

KeeWee shot reasonably well, but not quite as well as last week at KRRC. My efforts to pump up my speed over this last Winter have indeed resulting in some times I could never have done last year, but the consistent accuracy isn't there yet. Ideally in steel shooting you want to have four good runs per stage, and one run where you let it all hang out, and if it isn't any good it gets discarded. I've got it to where I'm getting three good runs, and two not so good. I've got to turn one of those two bad runs into a reasonably good run, and I'll be in good shape for the season. I was getting some reasonably good split times (at least for me), and they were checking the timer to see what the better times were. Of the splits checked, the fastest was a .12 second split. If you are unfamiliar with the term, "Split Time" is the time between two shots, so I got off two shots in just over a tenth of a second. If I could only do that every time, and hit the target too!! As KeeWee says "Dreams are free!" I still have a lot of work to do before Man of Steel, but that's still two weeks off, so no problem (koff....koff.....)

If you are located anywhere in the Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia area and you would like to give steel shooting a try, the matches held either at Kitsap Rifle & Revolver Club in Bremerton or at the Paul Bunyan club in Puyallup are great places to give it a try. Maybe we'll see you there next time!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted