Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Irish Eddie Checks In!

Irish Eddie has sent me a lot of good pictures and jokes over the past few years, and for the last few months I hadn't heard much from him. I just got an email explaining what he's been up to and why I haven't heard from him lately. He's also got a few good book recommendations that I thought I'd pass along:

You may have noticed my absence from the net over the past 5-months. I was visiting friends in Florida for most of the winter and didn't have much access to the Internet. I'm returning soon to Ireland for the summer so my net time will definitely improve. I did do lots of reading the past couple of months while relaxing on a lawn chair in the sunny, 80 degree Florida weather.

Four good books I'd recommend are:

1) Marine Rifleman by Col. Wesley L. Fox (ret)/ISBN: 1-57488-425-5

2) Top Sergeant by Sgt Major William G. Bainbridge (ret)/ISBN: 0-449-90892-5

3) Good to Go by US Navy former SEAL Harry Constance/ISBN: 0-688-15249-X

4) Walking Point by Chief James Watson, SEAL (ret)/ISBN: 0-688-14302-4

This last one gets off to a slow start. BUT the Chief gives a really good account of his Vietnam duty along with some really good info on some weapons the SEALs used that I never knew existed. He has a lot of good things to say about the "Stoner"-M-63.

Regards,

Irish Eddie
Here's a picture I recently received from Eddie:

These men are installing bollards to stop cars parking on the pavement outside an Irish sports bar. They are cleaning up at the end of the day. How long do you think it will be before they realize?

Good to hear from you again, Eddie!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 18, 2008 1:34:00 PM, Blogger NotClauswitz said...

LOL!!

 
At Tuesday, March 18, 2008 1:41:00 PM, Blogger Sigivald said...

Naw, with a spotter and careful driving they can make it out.

 
At Friday, March 21, 2008 2:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If they were careful, they wouldn't need a spotter!!!

Merle

 
At Wednesday, April 02, 2008 2:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they're probably removable

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted