Tuesday, July 10, 2007

e-Postal Handgun Match Reminder


Time is starting to wind down for getting your entries shot and submitted for this month's e-Postal Handgun Match, fiendishly devised and hosted by JimmyB, the Conservative UAW Guy.

Here's where you can get all of the information, the rules, and download the targets for the match.

Having participated in all of the e-Postal matches over the last year or so, one common feature seems to always be present. Every match looks WAY easier than it actually is. You don't realize just how dang hard it actually is until you start shooting the targets.

Don't get discouraged if you don't score as high as you think you should. The match is a toughie, and I'm sure a number of us will be waiting in the shadows in Reno this Fall at the Gun Blogger Rendezvous watching for an unsuspecting JimmyB to walk by!

Anyhow, don't worry about your score, just shoot 'em up and send 'em in, the more entries the better.



Labels:

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 11, 2007 5:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just mounted an old Tasco 2-7X rifle scope on my Ruger MK2 with a 6-7/8" barrel. It looks a bit funny, as the scope is nearly as long as the gun! I slid the scope all the way to the rear, and the bolt stops about 1-1/4" short of the end of the scope, so my nose will be safe. Hopefully I'll do better with a taco hold. I fear it is a bit flimsy, as the generic rimfire rings don't impress me as sturdy & the scope is relatively heavy. If it works out OK, I'll replace the rings with a better set & see how durable it is. Just another of my endless experiments!

Merle

 
At Thursday, July 12, 2007 8:00:00 AM, Blogger Caleb said...

I thought it was going to be easy, right up until I realized that the "13" is only .03 inches bigger than a .22 bullet.

Needless to say, I didn't hit the 13.

 
At Thursday, July 12, 2007 2:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I shot the match this afternoon, and never got close to the "13" due to two misses. I got stalled out on "11" which was still better than I expected!

I can say that a rifle scope is a bit too heavy for one handed use, at least for MY one hand.

Merle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted