Thursday, September 14, 2006

Ode to a STEN Gun


Photo credit to Digger History a site dedicated to the history of Australian and New Zealand military history.



Ode to a STEN Gun

Click HERE to hear it read with a "Proper" accent!

You wicked piece of vicious tin!
Call you a gun? Don't make me grin.
You're just a bloated piece of pipe.
You couldn't hit a hunk of tripe.
But when you're with me in the night,
I'll tell you, pal, you're just alright!

Each day I wipe you free of dirt.
Your dratted corners tear my shirt.
I cuss at you and call you names,
You're much more trouble than my dames.
But, boy, do I love to hear you yammer
When you' re spitting lead in a business manner.

You conceited pile of salvage junk.
I think this prowess talk is bunk.
Yet if I want a wall of lead
Thrown at some Jerry's head
It is to you I raise my hat;
You're a damn good pal... You silly gat!

Written by Gunner S.N. Teed
Poem first published ‘The Maple Leaf', a newspaper printed for Canadian troops in Europe.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, September 14, 2006 4:53:00 PM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

I have a friend that has one and I have had the pleasure of shooting it a few times now (full auto, it is!).

Great performer, surprisingly controllable and accurate.

Plus, it'll shoot pretty much any ammo that starts with a 9...

 
At Thursday, September 21, 2006 9:04:00 AM, Blogger Retired Geezer said...

I shot one at a machine gun match in Vegas. Did pretty good with it too. The owner called it his 'Stench' gun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted