Gun Blogger Rendezvous Status - We're Getting There!
Things are falling into place for this October's Gun Blogger Rendezvous. This is going to be one heck of a lot of fun!
- The basic hotel room reservation and Rendezvous Registration mechanisms are in place, and registrations are starting to come in. We have an outstanding Guest of Honor in Dan McKown, whom you will enjoy meeting in person.
- We have a hospitality room set up both Friday and Saturday nights as sort of a blogger hang-out.
- The details are just about finished for the banquet Saturday night.
- The Gun Blogger Rendezvous web site/blog is up, where you can find all of the info on the Rendezvous, without having to wade through mountains of unrelated posts.
- Donations and support from industry folks are starting to come in.
- A really BIG national organization (you know who) is looking into how they want to participate.
- I am in the process of lining up a place to shoot on Saturday during the day.
- We have a volunteer looking into activities for the spouses that come to the Rendezvous who aren't interested in the range, but are interested in other Reno activities.
- KeeWee and I have bought our plane tickets, and we'll be heading down to Reno on Thursday, in case any of you are considering going a day early.
I can do all of the other stuff to bring this together, but I need everyone's help to get the word out. If you are a blog reader or shooter, round up a couple of friends and start making plans to attend.
Most of all, try to figure out a way to break free for the weekend and come join us in Reno. It's early enough still to look for the discount airfares. Some folks are looking at car pooling and driving to the Rendezvous, both to share expenses, and to bring the favorite arsenal along!
We're going to have a lot of fun - come join us!!
Thanks to all for the help!!