Sunday, June 18, 2006

Friends of the NRA Banquet

Saturday night at the Holmes Harbor Rod and Gun club was the Friends of the NRA Banquet and Fund Raiser Auction. I got there a little early, but even so the place was nearly packed. There must have been close to 200 people there for the dinner and auction!

I got a chance to visit with Jeff Daily, our regional NRA rep. and talk a bit about the Gunblogger Rendezvous, but Jeff was pretty busy running the fund raiser, so we didn't have much time to visit.

I walked around and had a look at all the cool stuff in the auction, and two things caught my eye. There was an absolutely beautiful Winchester Model 94 NRA engraved commemorative limited edition in .44 magnum. There were some very nice shotguns that were truly something to behold, but I don't know much about shotguns beyond home protection basics, so I'm sure I failed to fully appreciate what was there.

The prime rib dinner was wonderful, and huge servings to boot. KeeWee and I could hardly walk we were so full. After the dinner they had the drawing for the door prizes, but we didn't win anything, and since we couldn't afford to bid on the auction stuff and had to get ready for the next morning's plate shoot, we slipped out the door and headed home.

The Fund Raiser was a huge financial success, but I don't know exactly how much was raised.

The model 94 went for two grand, if that gives you any idea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted