Tuesday, June 28, 2005

IRAQ -- One year down - Progress Report

I love a post that doesn't spend paragraph after paragraph rambling all over the place. Murdoc Online has a very well written post that summarizes the Iraq situation. I just wish the MSM would re-print it on the front page of every newspaper. Here it is in it's entirety:

"In one year, I think that the Iraqi government has come farther than I expected. The elections went far more smoothly than I expected. We've seen more determination and willingness to compromise than I expected. We've seen more support for the new government among the Iraqi people than I expected. We've seen more resilience among Iraqi police and military forces than I expected. We've seen more outcries for democracy, inspired at least in part by Iraq, in other places than I expected.

Unfortunately, we're also seeing more terrorist activity in Iraq than I expected.

It's a long road. But it's the right road."

If you agree, or even if you don't, go here and leave him a comment......

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 29, 2005 8:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Question: Why is it, that when an American signs up for the military they only spend a short time in boot camp and then are expected to go off to war without the blink of an eye, but it seems that with the Iraqis we are babysitting and handholding for a long amount of time? What is up with that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted